It’s summer in the Midwest. What better time for a summer party? You’ll need excellent weather, food and entertainment for your guests. We can’t help with our Illinois weather—after all, this is the Midwest—but we can help with matching dependable, quality entertainers to your guests and event needs. So where do you get started planning your summer party—your retirement going away, anniversary party, wedding, family reunion, company party or picnic? What are your options for summer party entertainment?
The irony is that there seems to be this misunderstanding that entertainment agents, or booking agents, are only needed for large summer parties and events. The truth is, well, that’s just not true. From requests for a 28-piece orchestra to small, intimate wedding or celebration entertainment, an entertainment agent can assist with any summer party—and turn it in to a huge success with any of a number of entertainment acts, such as:
- Singers. A singer is an excellent way to entertain your guests. The specific singer for your event depends on the kind of event, sound you want, and demographics of your guests. Contact a talent agent to determine what kind of singer is right for your event.
- Strings, pianists & orchestras. For a more formal event, book a pianist, quartet of strings or a 20-piece orchestra. It’s up to you, but the result is the same: a beautiful, soft sound that can serve as your main entertainment or background music at your wedding, anniversary party, renewal of vows or other special occasion.
- Bands. If you are holding a beach or Caribbean theme, and want a unique entertainment act, consider a steel drum band. For a party with a taco bar, hire our mariachi band (we’ve even listed ideas why in our post). For a barn dance, or a party with a country theme, we have a country band with a rural sound that could with your theme. Hosting a Mardi Gras party? We’ve got jazz groups that you’re your guests partying like its Mardi Gras in Chicago. Your options are endless.
- Themed entertainment. If your goal is to set the theme and take it over the top, research entertainers that fit your theme. Book characters that fit with your theme, such as gangsters for your authentic Chicago throwback party, or an impersonator that fits with the era of your retro party.
- Painters. Want a unique entertainer that sets the memory of your day on canvas, and in your mind? Ask us about a caricature or scene painter for your party. Either kind of painter is a very different kind of entertainer that your guests will be talking about even after your summer party is over.
If your taste for entertainment is a bit more unique, or out-of-the-box, ask your entertainment agent. Be prepared to give information about your event: size, date, demographic of expected guests, venue specifics, etc. Your entertainment agent can take that information and select the perfect entertainer or entertainment acts to make your summer party fun, no matter what our Midwestern weather throws at us.